Thursday, May 7, 2009

Artist Interview: Dani from Pendantic

Today I was lucky to get an interview with Dani, the artist for Pendantic on Etsy. Some fun facts about Dani: her favorite color is aqua blue. She states that on weekends she loves to “sleep in followed by a few hours with a good book and then lunch with friends.” And what is her favorite breakfast food? A fluffy omlette followed by a banana smoothie. And last but not least, if she could go anywhere in the world on vacation she would “take a leisurely road trip through the UK.”


Like Jamie, I gave Dani some questions to answer:
1)What started you in your art/craft?
I’m a serial crafter and get very excited by new challenges. One day I had lunch with a friend who was wearing a scrabble pendant and I fell in love with it. I went home thinking ‘I can do that!’... And so I did!!

2)What are your favorite materials/tools?
My favourite material for my pendants is, of course, the scrabble tiles themselves! Followed very closely by all the various paper designs which I feature on the front of them.

3)Who's your biggest inspiration?
My mother is definitely my biggest inspiration – both in my craft and in all of life.

4)How long have you being producing your work/How did you get started in it?
I’ve been creating my pendants for close to a year now and have been selling on Etsy since August 2008.

5)Where do you hope your art will take you in the next year?
Of course I’d like to see increased sales! But more than that I’d like to see more and more people enjoying my pendants.

6)Is there anything you want people to get/take away from your work?
I think we can take ourselves too seriously sometimes! My pendants are designed for people to be able to wear something lighthearted and to enjoy it!

7)What advice would you give to an artist just starting out?
If you enjoy your craft then that’s your main reward! So don’t be discouraged by lack of sales. Keep plugging away at it, make sure you know your buying audience and learn from those Etsyians who have been there and done it all before you.




Little Miss Sunshine Pendant, Letter T Pendant, Brown Paisley Pendant

Go check out Dani's shop!

{All responses are the opinion of the shop owner, all photos property of Dani from Pendantic}

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great interview! Love getting a peek into the lives of other crafters.

    http://www.thefairyring.etsy.com
    http://www.theenchantedcupboard.etsy.com
    http://www.theenchantedcupboard.1000markets.com http://thereluctantcitydweller.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great article! Love the Miss Sunshine pendant! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love scrabble tile pendants. I have a slight addiction to picking up vintage games at estate sales (Scrabble especially!) but I think Pendantic has me beat as far as creating a lovely product with the game pieces!

    ReplyDelete