Thursday, September 10, 2009

Artist Interview: Buttonwilloe

Hey, everyone - my artist interview will be a little different today because the artist I'm interviewing is swamped with work - hooray for Buttonwilloe! So her Etsy shop is closed down for a bit until she can keep up with all of the orders and fall shows. Check out her artfire shop in the mean time. I'm so happy she's busy!

Here's a little bit of info I've grabbed from her profile:

"Hello. My name is Linda, and ever since I was a little girl I loved playing with clay. I still do!

It all started in the early 1970's making bread dough critters and giving them as gifts to friends and family. With their encouragement, and the gracious help of my husband, Richard, I started doing local craft shows and festivals. We still do them! I started working in polymer clay because of it's durability and resistance to moisture. I just love this clay.

It's my belief we are all given special gifts and talents. Sometimes we're not quite aware of them. But, they're there...just waiting to be discovered.

I have a very special little girl in my life. My puppy Tinkerbelle. We were trained, tested, and she was certified to be a Therapy Pet and we visit the elderly in rest homes. She brings so much joy to those dear folks. Quick story...the other day there was a man who wanted to pet her. I picked her up and brought her to him. He began to cry as he stroked her. He kept repeating "thank you, thank you" as tears rolled down his face. She is a precious gift from God and such a delight to me. I'm so happy she spreads her love to some that need it most.

Whether you select an ornament, figurine or a piece of whimsical jewelry, it's our hope it will bless your heart and make you smile.

We're so happy you stopped by the land of *Buttonwilloe*. Please come back soon."

And, I've discovered that she shares the same birthday as me! :)

Make sure you stop by her blog to find out more about her fall schedule! Below are a few pictures of her work from her blog.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Melanie,
    Thank you so much for featuring me in your blog. It was so nice of you. It really made my day.
    :o) button

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buttons has such adorable items! Thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of my favorite artists on ArtFire. She's kind, funny, and genuine, and her work always brings a smile to my face.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She makes some amazingly detailed items! What a great feature!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda's work is so sweet and adorable! You can just see her love of what she does shining through everything she makes! ~Cindy Lietz

    ReplyDelete